For many older adults, managing day-to-day financial matters can become challenging as the effects of aging set in. Often, help from a Daily Money Manager (DMM) can help them remain independent by maintaining order in their financial lives, minimizing related anxiety, and reducing the likelihood of financial exploitation. For seniors aging in place, a DMM is an important part of the care-giving team.
Signs you or a loved one could use some help:
- Paperwork and mail piling up
- Late payments, unusual spending, difficulties with checkbook
- Trouble with medical bills and insurance claims
- Victimization by scammers
- Loss or incapacity of spouse – overwhelming new financial responsibilities
- Adult children busy with careers and families, unable to help
- Family members live out of town, not available to help
ElderHand’s daily money management services complement the work of accounting, investment, and legal professionals to support our clients' financial goals.
ElderHand is available to work with attorneys, accountants, trustees, and other professionals to provide bookkeeping help to their clients in need of assistance on a project basis, or at regularly scheduled visits.
ElderHand can ease the minds of busy retirees by keeping an eye on their personal business matters while they are traveling or living in warmer climates for the winter.