For many older adults, managing day to day financial affairs becomes challenging as the effects of aging set in. Physical ailments, failing eyesight and cognitive impairment can make routine tasks difficult and confusing. Sadly, financial scams are being perpetrated against vulnerable seniors at an alarming rate. Often, assistance with personal finances can help them remain independent, and also provides peace of mind to concerned family members. A number of circumstances can bring seniors and their families to the realization that they need support from a third party, including:
- Late payments, inappropriate spending, difficulties with checkbook
- Paperwork and mail piling up
- Resistance of parent/senior to accept help from family members
- Adult children busy with careers and still raising children, no time
- Family members live out of town, not available to help
- Adversity or estrangement between sibling children and/or parents
- The desire to return to pleasant, relaxed family visits
ElderHand is available to work with attorneys, accountants, trustees, and other professionals to provide bookkeeping help to their clients in need of assistance on a project basis, or at regularly scheduled visits.
ElderHand can ease the minds of traveling retirees by keeping an eye on their personal business matters while they are away on extended vacations or living in warmer climates for the winter.